1 small sweet potato
1 C. cooked black beans
1 Tbsp. ground flax seeds (optional)
- Cut the sweet potato into 1-2 inch cubes and place in food processor. Pulse until the sweet potato is in very small pieces (the size of peas or smaller). Empty the contents into a mixing bowl.
- Rinse and drain the black beans then place them into your food processor (no need to clean it after the sweet potato) and pulse until a paste forms. It's okay if there are black beans remaining, but majority should be a paste. Empty the black beans into the bowl containing the sweet potato.
- Stir in the ground flax seeds and any seasoning that you want to include. I usually add a Tbsp. of Mama Garlic. Mix until all ingredients are combined evenly.
- Form into two patties.
- Lightly coat a stove top skillet with olive oil or coconut oil, then turn the heat to medium.
- Cook the patties for about 7-8 minutes on each side, or until the outsides are browned and the insides are thoroughly heated.
I like to serve mine on one piece of Ezekiel Bread with a slice of swiss cheese, salsa, peppers and avocado on top. Or on top of a salad.
How would you serve it? Maybe with a side of Homemade Kale Chips or Baked Sweet Potato Fries?
And be sure to stay in touch on Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest or RSS!