Our hearts are in the mountains and we are happiest as a little family unit (yep, Rooney gets a vote!) when we are in the mountains. We crave the fresh air, ample space and endless trails. We like to spend our free time wandering the forests and exploring national/state parks. We love big cities, but there is something about the peaceful mountain life that calls to us.
We knew we wanted to go back to the Southeast and we knew we wanted to be close to the Appalachian Trail again, so we explored a few different cities in NC and VA. Ultimately we landed on Asheville, NC!
Here are some of the amazing things about our new home in Asheville!
- Walking distance from the Blue Ridge Parkway and a just a short drive to SO MANY TRAILS - the city is actually IN the Pisgah National Forest
- Asheville has 20 farmers markets, nearly 250 independent restaurants (many vegan!) and 7 local breweries
- 2 hours from Charlotte & Winston-Salem (important for my work)
- 2 hours from Damascus (so many friends there)
- A quick flight and a manageable drive from Chicago & Detroit (our homes)
We're excited to get started on this next adventure!! And you know we'll have lots to share with you along the way!