4 Oz. Mozzarella Cheese
1/3 C. Flaxseed Meal (ground flax seeds)
1 Egg (or egg whites, if you prefer)
1/3 C. Flour (I used 50/50 whole wheat and white)
2 Tsp. Olive Oil
1.5 Tsp. Mama Garlic
1/4 Tsp. Salt
1/4 Tsp. Pepper
*There are lots of ways to season these little bites. Use what you have available in the kitchen and have fun with it.
- Set up the following ingredients in separate bowls. Bowl 1 is flour. Bowl 2 is the egg, beaten. Bowl 3 is flaxseed meal and spices, mixed together.
- Cut the mozzarella cheese into 12 pieces.
- One at a time, dip the mozzarella pieces into the bowls in the following order: bowl 1, bowl 2, bowl 3. I like to do this for all of the pieces at once then set them all aside on my cutting board. It's easier than trying to dip. fry, dip, fry, etc.
- Once you have your pieces breaded, add the olive oil to your skillet and turn on the medium heat. Warm the oil until you see a slight bit of steam coming off of the oil, or about 3-4 minutes.
- Once the oil is ready, drop the breaded mozzarella pieces into the oil and let it sit for about 30 seconds on each side. I like to do them two at a time in the pan so I can keep an eye on them.
- Once both sides are crisped, remove the pieces from the oil and set aside.
- Let cool for about a minute and then they're ready to serve.
And be sure to stay in touch on Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest or RSS!