So while I'm enjoying cup after cup of coffee and catching up on laundry, I thought I'd share some of what's on my mind these days.
- I can't title my post "Lazy Sunday" without linking to this video.
- I made quiche for the first time last weekend and then again this weekend. It's easy and delicious. I don't know why I haven't been making it for years. I'll post the recipe I use this week.
- I forget sometimes that Rooney is a big dog. Last night we had two friends over and they both walked in the door and said "whoa that's a big dog!" I guess he just seems like a puppy to me. Although once when we were at a campground this summer, my mom had taken Rooney for a walk and I caught a glimpse of them from across the lot and before I realized it was them, I thought to myself "good god that dog is huge" only to realize afterwards that it was my dog. And come to think of it, the other day he did knock me on my ass pretty easily so maybe I'm just in denial.
- Serial's mom, Lauren, is coming to stay with us for a week. You know you're lucky when you look forward to seeing your in-laws. And if you're wondering how all of us will live in our tiny condo for a whole week, just think that we actually stayed with them several times in their RV and had a blast. So the condo should be a breeze. I see board games and laughs in our future.
- I've taken a small break from woodworking lately. It's just too loud and annoying in our condo, plus I've already built most of the pieces we needed. Once we move to a bigger place, I will pick it back up. I miss it a bunch and have all of these ideas, but just can't bring myself to work on them in the condo.
- I've filled the woodworking void with sewing and crocheting. I'm a full-blown nerd. Here are a few of the projects that I want to tackle. This kindle pouch, this bag and this chunky scarf. Oh and while Lauren is here, she's teaching me how to knit. This is how I fill my time in a cold, cold winter. Well, this plus watching all of the episodes of West Wing in a row.
- I'm finally ready to tackle our condo. We need to do a few little repairs that are leftover from our renters and I'd like to upgrade some of the standard "builder grade" aspects of our condo to increase the value of the property. I have plans to do a series of posts on it and finally get around to that home tour I've been meaning to do.
- I miss having a backyard for Rooney.
- I went out with my girlfriends the other night and let me tell you, no one lets loose like a group of moms who haven't seen each other in awhile. I laughed my ass off and couldn't get enough of them. We were up until almost 4 in the morning which is bananas for this homebody (see above: crocheting and sewing).