The thing is, I gave up caffeine and coffee/espresso is just not in my world right now. I've been on the herbal tea express train. So, I was downing loose Rooibos Chai Tea a few times a day. It was close, but not quite hitting the spot.
I decided to try a carton of the pre-made chai tea concentrate from the store, with almond milk. It was delicious. But unfortunately, not kind to my wallet. So, I went ahead and made my own. And to make it extra fall-like, I added some pumpkin spice to the mix.
Yields: 8 cups
- 8 cups water
- 8 bags of chai tea (I used rooibos, but you could use any kind)
- 6-8 teaspoons pumpkin spice (you could use fresh spices and ingredients, but I just used the dried spices)
- 3/4 cup maple syrup (or another sweetener)
- Bring the water to a boil
- Remove from the heat and add in the tea bags & spices, cover and let steep for 10 minutes
- Remove the tea bags or strain through cheesecloth if using loose tea
- Stir in maple syrup
- Let cool to room temperature, then store in an airtight container in the refridgerator
Curl up with a book and a puppy and enjoy this delicious fall treat!! Or maybe that's just what I do :-)