So I figured it was finally time to make these myself. Erin and I both make these without actually baking them. They taste delicious raw and I don't see the point in cooking them. But the original recipe is from Whole Foods and calls for baking time - if you're interested in that, you can find the full recipe here.
I took the recipe adaptation a step further and used what I had in my kitchen at the time so the version below only loosely resembles the WF original. Either way though, they are delicious.
1 Cup Oats
1/2 Cup Almond Meal
1/2 Cup Ground Flax
1/2 Cup Coconut Oil, Melted
1/2 Cup Almond Butter (or any other nut butter)
1 Tsp Vanilla
1 Tbsp Agave or Coconut Nectar
Fruit Puree or Preserves
- Mix all ingredients, except for the fruit puree, until thoroughly combined.
- Form into 1 inch balls and chill for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the refrigerator and use a spoon to flatten and create a little space to hold the fruit puree (see the picture above)
- Chill for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the refrigerator and fill each cookie with a little bit of fruit puree or preserves. I used the organic raspberry and blueberry flavors from Trader Joes and the cookies were delicious! Erin would be proud :-)